According to KXAN, all lanes of Rand Road 620 in Lakeway closed after a crash involving a dump truck on Tuesday, March 8. The Lakeway Police Department is investigating the major crash that occurred around 3:45 p.m. that afternoon. The collision entangled a dump truck as well as three other vehicles. At this time, it is still unclear as to what caused the multi-vehicle collision, but the accident did require all lanes of RR 620 to shut down in both directions, as well as lanes on Lohmans Crossing Road. Information on potential injuries is not available at this time, although EMS did arrive on the scene.
Fatal Dump Truck Accidents
The American Trucking Association reported commercial truck accident statistics in the United States:
- In 2019, there were approximately 510,000 police-reported crashes involving large trucks.
- There were 4,479 fatal truck accidents in 2019, representing 1% of all large truck crashes.
- There were 114,000 injury truck accidents in 2019, accounting for 29% of all truck crashes.
- 82% of truck accident fatalities in 2019 were not the occupants of the large truck.
- An average of 14 people die each day in accidents with commercial trucks.
- An average of 433 people are injured every day in the U.S. in trucking accidents.
- There were 13.65 fatal truck accidents per million people in the United States in 2019, an increase of 29% over 10.6 per million people in 2010.
Angel Reyes – Your Dump Truck Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one has been harmed by a devastating dump truck accident, our attorneys here at Angel Reyes – Reyes Browne Reilley are here to help. In most heavy truck accidents, the driver who was operating the truck is at fault for the crash. When the driver is at fault, their employment company may also be found legally liable for your injuries or losses. The massive injuries and devasting loss of lives left in the wake of a serious heavy truck accident can leave families with huge medical bills and financial losses.
We understand that no amount of money can give you back what you’ve lost, but substantial damages can help put you back on your feet financially while your family endures the grieving process. Holding parties accountable for negligence, recklessness, or intentional misconduct can be a helpful catharsis in the healing journey, as well as help establish a safer community. To learn more, contact us immediately for a 100% free consultation. Tap the green button to call or submit a form here now.