How much you can get after a bus accident depends on several factors. No two cases are the same– one case may yield millions of dollars, while another may be much less. It’s best to consult with an experienced personal injury attorney in Dallas to get the answers you need to make an informed decision.
Factors that Determine How Much Your Case is Worth
To attain a ballpark idea of what your bus accident claim may be worth, here are several factors to consider:
- The severity of your injuries: In short, the more severe your injuries are, the more you will recover financially. Important documentation will include your medical bills, your future medical bills necessary to continue the rehabilitation process, any in-home care that you may require, any assistive devices that may now be necessary, and more.
- Disfigurement or disability: The more serious or permanent your disfigurement or disability, the more your claim will be worth.
- Lost wages and loss of expected income: Especially with serious injuries, you are very likely to be forced to miss significant stretches of work, so your financial recovery will be higher– the longer you are out of work. Additionally, your injuries may render you permanently incapable of returning to the workforce—or you may no longer be able to do your previous job– resulting in a loss of earning capacity.
- Pain and suffering: Bus accidents can lead to a variety of psychological injuries, including but not limited to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. You may also experience chronic pain for the foreseeable future that cannot be accurately quantified.
- The clarity of liability: Bus accident victims can still recover damages in Texas as long as they were not more than 50 percent responsible for the crash. However, their financial recovery will be reduced according to their proportion of fault. If the defendant were 100 percent liable for the accident, you would receive all of the damages awarded. On the other hand, if you were 40 percent responsible for the crash, then you would only receive 60 percent of the damages awarded.
- Loss of companionship and loss of enjoyment of life: The law recognizes that your physical and psychological injuries may have an extreme impact on your relationships and quality of life moving forward.
- Property damage: Regular passenger vehicles are often totaled in a bus crash, and if that is the case, then your claim would be worth more than if your vehicle had only sustained minor damage.
The Longevity and Credentials to get the Job Done
An experienced bus accident lawyer can quickly help you understand your claim’s estimated value, which will then dictate how you proceed with your case. At Angel Reyes & Associates, we have more than 30 years of experience fighting for justice on behalf of Texans, and our clients appreciate our 98 percent client success rate.
Contact us for a free consultation
If you or a loved one have been injured in a bus accident, call Angel Reyes & Associates 24/7 to book a free consultation. We will not charge you anything unless you prevail.