Approximately twenty miles north of the bustling downtown, Plano was once considered one of the safest cities in 2011 by Forbes magazine. In 2018, the city saw more than 5,500 car accidents, eight of which resulted in fatalities and 87 serious injuries.
Car accidents are unexpected, and the repercussions can be severe. However, our quality-driven auto accident attorneys serving DFW at Angel Reyes and Associates offer free case consultations for people interested in exploring their legal rights following a serious accident.
Our Dallas personal injury lawyers preside over any case that involves physical injury (as opposed to property damage.) Drivers can handle minor fender-benders through their insurance companies. However, once property damage escalates and the cost of treating physical injuries begins to reach Texas’ minimum insurance threshold– you will need an experienced attorney to build your lawsuit strategy.
A Plano car accident lawyer can:
- Investigate the accident scene.
- Secure the Plano accident report from the police
- Interview witnesses.
- Pinpoint, gather, and preserve evidence.
- Secure expert witnesses and medical professionals to testify on your behalf.
- Negotiate with the drivers’ insurance company to reach a fair settlement.
- File an action to fight for maximum compensation in court, if needed.
A personal injury attorney from Reyes Browne Reilley can help you determine how much your case is worth– so you don’t settle for less and end up paying out-of-pocket. We’ve helped hundreds of car accident victims, which gives us a unique vantage point. We’ve seen how much these injuries cost over the long term, and we know when insurers are willing to negotiate when the case against them is strong.
Some of the factors considered in car accident claims include:
- What medical expenses have you incurred? With good record-keeping, it’s easy to calculate the total for your doctor co-pays, ambulance or helicopter transport, emergency room fees, hospital stays, surgeries, rehabilitation, prescription drug costs, assistive devices, and more.
- What medical expenses are you likely to incur in the future? Our medical professionals help us estimate the cost of future treatments within reason.
- How much is the property damage? We recommend getting a professional estimate of the cost to repair your vehicle, cross-referenced with the Kelley Blue Book value.
- How much work did you miss due to your injuries? Pay stubs and the number of days or weeks off of work help us determine your economic losses. Paid time off and sick days benefits can be factored in.
- How much work will you miss in the future? Depending on the severity of your injuries, you may be unable to return to work for some time, you may have a permanently reduced capacity to work, or you may be disabled altogether.
- How much pain and suffering has the accident caused? You may receive more compensation in this area if the injury is permanent, ongoing rehabilitation is necessary, you had surgeries or bear scars from it, or if the injury has impacted your relationships, hobbies, employment, and quality of life significantly.
Types of car accidents
There are many different types of Plano car crashes—and each one shares the potential for severe injury. Even collisions that occur at a relatively low speed have the potential to upend your life. Our car accident lawyers in Plano can help with the following accident claims.
- Drunk driving accidents
- Rear-end collisions
- Hit and run accidents
- T-Bone accidents
- Multi-vehicle accidents
- Single-vehicle accidents
- Head-on collisions
- Reckless, distracted, or aggressive driving accidents
- Rollovers and roof crush accidents
- Texting while driving accidents
- Accidents caused by road hazards
- Uber accidents
- Lyft accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Fatal car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bus accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Highway accidents
- Sideswipe accidents
- Passenger injury accidents
It is important to know that a car accident attorney could assist you with pursuing a claim following any of these accident types. If you suffered injuries due to another driver’s mistake, our experienced team could help you get the compensation you deserve following a wreck on 75 in Plano.
Types of damages in a car accident case
If your car accident claim is successful, you could be entitled to different forms of monetary damages. Each of these categories could add up to a significant settlement amount. As noted above, some examples include:
- Medical bills. Because severe injuries are common, medical bills often make up the bulk of a car accident claim. You could be entitled to recover damages for the cost of your hospital stay, ambulance ride, surgeries, or physical therapy, among other things.
- Lost wages. Missed paychecks are typical following a car accident. If you miss out on your income due to your injuries, you could pursue compensation.
- Pain and suffering. Your legal team will generally use the following documentation to determine the amount you could be owed for pain and suffering—your medical bills, medical records, expert testimony, pictures of your injury, and psychiatric records.
- Property damage. You could also recover the cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle.
How we could obtain a successful resolution to your case
There are two ways a car accident lawyer from our firm could help you resolve your car accident injury claim successfully. The first is by obtaining a fair monetary settlement from the other driver or their insurance company. The second is by taking your case to trial and obtaining a verdict.
Ultimately, settling an injury claim following a Plano car crash with the other side is the ideal option in most cases. This typically involves agreeing to dismiss a lawsuit or promise not to file one in exchange for a monetary payment. Most car accident claims are resolved this way.
Settlements might be common in car accident cases but getting a fair offer from the other driver or their insurance company can be complicated. Most insurance companies will aggressively push inadequate settlement amounts with the hopes that you will settle the claim below its actual value. In fact, insurance companies often move quickly to settle claims before the injured driver has a chance to speak with an attorney.
Our team of attorneys can ensure you never accept a settlement offer that is not in your best interest. We understand how insurance adjusters operate and will never be bullied by their aggressive tactics.
While, settlements might be typical in these cases, some claims will ultimately go to trial. This is true when the defendant cannot make a settlement offer or refuses to accept fault. When this happens, a trial is the only remaining option. Obtaining a judgment at trial might not result in the quick payout that a settlement will– but the total amount could be greater than what was offered by the insurance companies.
Contact a Plano car accident lawyer right away
Our team at Reyes Browne Reilley proudly serves all of Texas, including Plano, with expert legal representation. Our personal injury lawyers have secured over $1 billion for personal injury clients, including victims of car accidents. We offer representation at no up-front costs to our clients. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain by seeking the best personal injury lawyer in Plano. Call today for your complimentary consultation at (469) 306-4837.