As we celebrate our nation’s independence, the Reyes Browne Reilley Law Firm wishes everyone a happy and safe 4th of July.
Keep this July 4th as safe as possible by reading these firework safety tips from the National Council on Fireworks Safety:
- Parents and caretakers should always closely supervise teenagers if they are using fireworks.
- Parents should not allow young children to handle or use fireworks.
- Fireworks should only be used outdoors.
- Always have water ready if you are shooting fireworks.
- Know your fireworks. Read the caution label before igniting.
- Obey local laws. If fireworks are not legal to launch where you live, do not use them.
- Alcohol and fireworks do not mix.
- Wear safety glasses whenever using fireworks.
- Never relight a “dud” firework. Wait 20 minutes and then soak it in a bucket of water.
- Soak spent fireworks with water before placing them in an outdoor garbage can.
- Avoid using homemade fireworks or illegal explosives: They can kill you!
- Report illegal explosives, like M-80s and quarter sticks, to the fire department or police.
When using sparklers:
- Always remain standing while using sparklers.
- Never hold a child in your arms while using sparklers.
- Never hold or light more than one sparkler at a time.
- Never throw sparklers. The wire and stick of the sparkler remain hot long after the flame has gone out. Be sure to drop spent sparklers in a bucket of water.
- Teach children not to wave or run while holding sparklers.
After more than 30 years representing injury victims, the experienced team of Dallas personal injury attorneys at Reyes Browne Reilley have seen the consequences of negligence first-hand. If you have sustained injuries because of an accident or crash which was not your fault, contact us now for a free and confidential case review. Fill out our contact form online, or call (214) 526-7900, and we will get you on the road to recovery.