DeSoto, a beautiful suburb located in the Best Southwest area of Dallas County, was sadly the setting of almost 500 traffic accidents. Thirteen of which caused the victims serious, life-altering injuries.
These types of accidents are inevitable, but the repercussions can be particularly severe when negligent and distracted involved. DeSoto car accident lawyers at The RBR Law Firm offer free case reviews for anyone interested in exploring their legal rights following a serious accident.
Our car wreck attorneys in DeSoto preside over any case involving physical injury (as opposed to property damage.) Motorists can handle minor fender-benders through their insurance agents, but once the property damage exceeds a certain limit and the cost of treating physical injuries begins to climb , you will need an experienced attorney to build your lawsuit strategy.
A DeSoto car accident lawyer from Reyes Browne Reilley can:
- Investigate the accident scene.
- Secure the police report.
- Locate and Interview witnesses.
- Gather and preserve all evidence.
- Enlist expert witnesses and medical professionals to testify on your behalf.
- Negotiate with the other driver’s insurance company to reach a fair settlement.
- File an action to fight for maximum compensation in court, if necessary.
A DeSoto personal injury attorney from Reyes Browne Reilley can help you determine how much your case is worth, so you don’t settle for less and end up paying out-of-pocket when the money runs out. We’ve helped thousands of accident victims over more than 25 years. We’ve seen how much car accident injuries cost over time, and we know how much insurers are willing to flex when the case against them is strong.
Some of the factors considered in car accident claims include:
- How much medical expense have you incurred? With good record-keeping and simple addition, it’s easy to calculate the total for your doctor co-pays, ambulance or helicopter transport, emergency room fees, hospital stays, surgeries, rehabilitation therapies, prescription drug costs, and assistive devices.
- How much medical expense are you likely to incur in the future? Medical professionals can help us estimate the cost of future treatments, within reason.
- How much property damage was there? We recommend getting a professional estimate of the cost to repair your vehicle, cross-referenced with the Kelley Blue Book value of your vehicle.
- How much work did you miss due to your injuries? Pay stubs and the number of days or weeks off work help us estimate your economic losses. Paid time off and sick days benefits can be factored in.
- How much work will you miss in the future? Depending on the nature of your injuries, you may be unable to return to work for some time, you may have a permanently reduced capacity to work, or you may be disabled altogether.
- How much pain and suffering has the accident caused? Injuries may receive more compensation in this area if: the injury is permanent; ongoing rehabilitation is necessary; you had surgeries or bear scars from the injury; the injury has impacted your relationships, hobbies, employment, and quality of life significantly. Many insurers use a multiplier, adding up all economic damages and multiplying by 1.5 to 5, depending on the severity.
Reyes Browne Reilley proudly serves all of Texas, including DeSoto, with expert legal representation. Our personal injury lawyers have secured over $1 billion for personal injury clients, including victims of car accidents.
We offer representation at no up-front costs to our clients. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain by seeking the best personal injury lawyer in DeSoto. Call us today for a complementary consultation at (214) 526-7900.