Never give your insurance company or an adverse insurance company the authorization to get access your medical records, until you have the approval of your attorney. Doing so would allow them to gain access to confidential medical records not even relevant to your injuries. It then becomes much easier to blame injuries, caused by their insured, on that old sports injury.
The above scenario and others, including whether one should allow a recorded statement, are prime examples of why one needs an experienced personal injury attorney to ensure a fair recovery after someone else’s negligence has “wrecked” the day.
More Personal Injury and Car Wreck Injury FAQs:
- What is the first thing I should do after a car wreck?
- Who will pay for my rental car following my car accident?
- What should I look for in hiring an attorney to represent me in my auto accident case?
- If I miss work as a result of a car wreck, can my lost wages be recovered?
- Should I go to the doctor after my Texas car accident?
- Who pays for my injuries if I am injured in a car accident?
- What are my legal rights following a car wreck?
- Will I have to go to court for my auto accident case?
- Should I give a recorded statement to the insurance company?
- What if the driver who caused my truck wreck had a past history of drug or alcohol violations?
- Should I negotiate with the insurance adjuster myself?
- How long does it take to settle an auto accident case?
- Should I be concerned if I am running up a lot of medical bills after my accident?
- How is fault determined in a Texas auto accident case?
- What is the statute of limitations to bring a Texas auto accident case?
- What if the driver who hit me was drunk, or under the influence of alcohol or drugs?
- If I get injured in a car wreck, but do not have insurance, what are my rights?
- What constitutes pain and suffering in a Texas auto accident case?
- How quickly should I contact an attorney after an injury car wreck?
- What if my driver’s license or vehicle registration was expired when the car wreck occurred?
- How long will it take to get money after my auto accident?
- What can I recover for injuries resulting from a hit-and-run accident?
- What documents or evidence should I bring when I meet with my law firm?
- What happens if the at-fault driver is not insured or has minimum coverage?
- What if I did not leave the scene of my car accident in an ambulance?
- The car accident was the other driver’s fault. Can I just settle it myself without an attorney?
- What are UM, UIM, and PIP insurance coverage?