Losing a loved one is always tragic, but when it happens due to an unexpected fatal car accident, it is that much more painful. Even worse, though, is when someone else’s negligence caused the fatal car accident. If this happens, you may have grounds to file a wrongful death lawsuit against the negligent party with a fatal car accident lawyer.
According to Chapter 71 of the Civil Practice and Remedies Code in Texas, to qualify for a wrongful death claim, your loved one must have died due to an injury that was caused by someone else’s “wrongful act, neglect, carelessness, unskillfulness, or default.”
What Would the Courts Consider to be Negligent?
There are several possible examples of behavior that could cause a fatal car accident that would give rise to a wrongful death lawsuit. Dallas car accident lawyers commonly see the following:
- Distracted driving is when drivers take their eyes off the road, whether they are texting while driving or paying too much attention to people or other things– rather than the road itself.
- The driver does not have a valid driver’s license.
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Running a stop sign or red light.
- Not obeying posted speed limits or failing to drive at a safe speed under inclement weather conditions.
- Failing to yield when required to do so.
- Road rage.
- Falling asleep at the wheel.
- Driving at night without headlights.
- Drag racing with other vehicles on public roadways.
Experienced, Consistent and Reliable
At The Reyes Browne Reilley Law Firm, our Dallas car accident lawyers have been representing Texans for over 30 years, and we are here to help pick up the pieces for local families when tragedy strikes. We understand that your world has been turned upside down, and you need to be able to trust your attorney– so you can focus on healing. We take pride in our 98 percent success rate with our clients.
Schedule Your Free Consultation Now
If you have lost a loved one in a car accident, call The Reyes Browne Reilley Law Firm 24/7 to schedule a free consultation with a Texas wrongful death attorney and find out whether or not you may have grounds for a wrongful death lawsuit. We do not collect any fees unless you win.