Yes, You Do Want to Treat.
Your health comes first. Even in seemingly minor car collisions. More often than not, people who have just been involved in a car wreck do not even know they have been injured. A big reason for this is due to the fact that your body has entered a “fight or flight” mode. Your body is protecting itself from the pain and stress of the accident by producing endorphins, which are morphine-like hormones, as well as adrenaline. When you reach a point to process what just happened, you will begin to feel everything setting in.
The second day always hurts the worst.
Fender Bender Injuries
No wreck should be treated with a nonchalant attitude. No matter how amenable the at-fault party is, drivers must practice their due diligence in prioritizing other motorists’ safety on the road. With over 30 years of experience in personal injury, our attorneys have heard it all. Many times, our clients report not having any pain until a day, or even two days later. Here are some of the most common injuries clients report after originally thinking they did not suffer any bodily injury moments after the wreck:
- Invisible Injuries
- While you may not feel the symptoms of an injury immediately after an accident, note that some injuries take hours, days, or even weeks to show themselves fully in the body.
- Neck pain, stiffness, and loss of range of motion are symptoms of whiplash. While some symptoms take 24 hours to develop, some take multiple days.
- Head Injury
- Traumatic brain injuries, concussions, and skull fractures are some of the most severe injuries your body can withstand. It is important to know that some head injuries have delayed symptoms though, such as headaches, difficulty concentrating, mood swings, or amnesia.
- Neck and Spinal Injury
- No you did not sleep funny last night. That pain in your back and that kink in your neck are from the motorist who rear-ended you. Not all spinal and neck injuries lead to paralysis. However, these symptoms could mean damage to your spinal discs, neck muscles or ligaments, or even your vertebrae.
Whether or not you ended up with long-term bodily injury from the collision, you may suffer from post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) or reoccurring nightmares. An expert Reyes Browne Reilley Personal Injury Attorney can help you maximize your potential in getting the medical costs associated with the treatment of these trauma responses covered.
Property Damage Claims
One of the most common mistakes motorists make after being involved in a car wreck – and a detrimental mistake at that – is prioritizing their property damage over their health. After a collision occurs, emergency responders typically arrive at the scene, evaluate your severe injuries, and take you to the nearest hospital to receive the treatment you need. But what happens in less severe accidents?
There are lots of reasons why an individual may not want to receive medical attention from first responders or a hospital. You may not want to “overreact,” so after exchanging information and taking pictures of the other vehicle, you carry on with your day. It’s just a matter of filing a claim with the at-fault party’s auto-insurance company, who will pay for your losses – or so you think. But what if you were hit by one of the 1 in 8 motorists who do not have insurance?
Here at Angel Reyes – Reyes Browne Reilley, our firm handles the number one priority – the wellbeing of your bodily injury. However, our law experts can and will help guide clients through the manipulation tactics insurance adjusters use to prevent them from getting their property damage covered. What’s more, we do not charge you for our expert advise in handling property damage like so many other law firms commonly do.
A Personal Injury Settlement
A lawsuit may be the last thing on your mind after a sudden, catastrophic accident. However, the amount of compensation on the table could be a large sum. A personal injury settlement may include money for:
- Past medical bills and expected future expenses.
- Lost wages and lost earning capacity.
- An estimated amount for pain and suffering.
- Home modification costs to accommodate a disability.
- Funeral and burial costs, as well as survivor benefits in fatal cases.
- Punitive damages in cases of egregious negligence or misconduct.
Call Angel Reyes – Reyes Browne Reilley Today
We’ve been in the business of personal injury law for nearly three decades, and our personal injury law firm boasts a 98 percent success rate. We’ve been able to help thousands of very satisfied clients recover millions of dollars for a range of claims resulting from exactly what you are going through.
Many factors will contribute to your settlement amount, including the nature and impact of your injuries, emotional and mental trauma, loss of income, credibility of the witnesses, expert testimony, and the reputation of the law firm representing you. Therefore, choosing a law firm with sufficient resources to build a strong case has a great impact on the amount of compensation you can receive. To learn more, contact us immediately for a 100% free consultation. Tap above to call us, or submit a form here now.