The First Few Moments After a Dallas Car Accident Can Leave You Feeling Lost
A Dallas car accident changes everything in an instant. From your daily commute to caring for your family, nothing will be the same for quite some time. You might ask– what are the best actions to take after an accident and the quickest way to return to normal? The truth is: you don’t have to negotiate this alone. The beginning steps you need to take immediately following an accident are crucial, but there is help.
What Should Your First Steps Be After a Dallas Auto Accident?
The first steps of the process are pivotal but simple:
- Call the police.
- Assess the situation. Is it safe to move? If yes, go ahead.
- Take photos. Of your car, their car, the scene, your injuries.
- Get information. After taking photos and the police are on scene, obtain the other driver’s insurance and driver’s license information. This will be the second most important part of going ahead with filing a personal injury claim on behalf of their insurance– should they be put at fault for your accident.
- Call Angel Reyes. Finally, the most important part is a simple phone call to your five-star injury attorneys at Reyes Browne Reilley.
You especially need to call us if one of the following applies to you:
- You or a loved one is suffering from injuries from a car accident caused by another.
- Medical attention is necessary after the accident, and your car needs repairs.
- You believe you may miss time and wages from work due to the injuries you received.
- Anyone in the accident was either not insured or underinsured.
The Numbers Do Not Lie: Car Accidents Here in Dallas are Common and Dangerous
An experienced auto accident lawyer in Dallas knows that car accidents are all too common. According to the Texas Department of Transportation, in 2019, there are some alarming statistics regarding car accidents in Dallas:
- There were 173 fatal crashes where 185 people died
- There were 908 suspected serious crashes that yielded 1,128 suspected serious injuries
- There were 3,697 non-incapacitating accidents leading to 5,083 non-incapacitating injuries
- There were 7,470 possible injury accidents yielding 12,575 possible injuries
- There were 36,862 total crashes
An experienced auto accident lawyer will get the compensation you deserve after you’ve been in a serious car wreck.
After working in the personal injury legal field for 30 years, our attorneys have built a system to make our law office a “one call does it all.” We will handle everything pertaining to your accident from beginning to end. In fact, we have helped thousands of clients to recover substantial compensation via a car accident settlement for their injuries in the following types of car accidents:
- Drunk driving accidents
- Rear-end collisions
- Hit and run accidents
- T-Bone accidents
- Multi-vehicle accidents
- Single-vehicle accidents
- Head-on collisions
- Reckless, distracted, or aggressive driving accidents
- Rollovers and roof crush accidents
- Texting while driving accidents
- Accidents caused by road hazards
- Uber accidents & Lyft accidents
- Passenger Injuries
- Pedestrian accidents
- Fatal car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bus accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Highway accidents
- Sideswipe accidents
- Passenger injury accidents
- Uninsured Motorists
Your Next Step: Hire an Experienced Dallas Car Accident Lawyer
Our Dallas personal injury lawyers have found ways to help people recover the maximum compensation for their damages—so that they can rebuild their lives. We know what each case is worth, and we refuse to settle for anything less than what our clients deserve. Insurance companies often try to play games when it comes to collisions caused by their insured. However, we will not allow them to take advantage of you.
Our legal team at Reyes Browne Reilley goes above and beyond to help you understand your rights and navigate the legal complexities of an accident. We will not budge an inch with insurance companies to ensure you are given what you rightfully deserve.
What are Some of the Damages I Can Seek in my Lawsuit?
As you can imagine, the more serious your injuries are, the more life-altering it will be for you and your family for the foreseeable future. While the legal system cannot go back in time and prevent accidents, it does provide recourse for victims to attain substantial financial compensation– to help them adjust to their new normal. Here are some common types of car accident compensation for which you may be eligible:
- Medical expenses – both past and future: This may include transportation via ambulance, hospital stays, surgeries or procedures, doctors’ visits, prescription medications, assistive devices, physical therapy, occupational therapy, and in-home care.
- Lost wages and loss of future earning capacity: Lost wages are relatively easy to calculate– you look back to see how much time at work you were forced to miss due to your injuries. Loss of future earning capacity, on the other hand, is a little more complex. Some car accident victims may never be able to return to the workforce. Others may be able to return, albeit in a limited or reduced capacity. For example, you may have been working as a school principal at the time of the crash and earning $100,000 per year. However, due to your physical and psychological injuries sustained in the accident, you may lose your job after a car accident because you cannot perform that job anymore. If you are relegated to clerical work where your income drops down to $40,000 per year, then loss of future earning capacity can help you make up that $60,000 difference.
- Property damage, which includes all vehicle repair or replacement costs: In addition to repairing or replacing your vehicle, you may also recover damages for any valuables that were destroyed in the crash, such as electronics or jewelry.
- Pain and suffering: It can be challenging to put an exact numerical value on the pain and suffering you have incurred, but our legal system is equipped to estimate this value and compensate you for it nonetheless.
- Loss of affection: This could be between two spouses, a parent, and child, or any other relative.
- Wrongful death: In tragic crashes where the victim perishes, their surviving loved ones may be eligible to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
Common Injuries Incurred in Dallas Car Crashes
As we all know, injuries sustained in car accidents can fall anywhere on the spectrum, from minor to life-changing. As the victim of a car crash, you have very little– if any– control over where your injuries will fall along that spectrum. Here is a list of some injuries commonly sustained in a Dallas car or truck accident.
- Bone breaks or fractures
- Ligament damage
- Cuts and lacerations
- Head and neck injuries
- Back and spine injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Disfigurement or amputations
- Organ damage
- Internal injuries
Our Talented and Caring Staff Lets You Focus on Your Recovery
Our staff will promptly handle all the necessary tasks that come with each case. We are not in the business to make costly mistakes on your behalf. You hire a law firm to handle your case, so you do not have to worry about making the wrong moves—that could cost you thousands of dollars in recovery funds. Instead, we solidify the funds and retrieve the compensation necessary to handle your damages and bills.
Some individuals may not be financially stable enough to afford an attorney who charges by the hour– especially after a motor vehicle accident. Our personal injury attorneys work on a contingency fee basis. This means that unless we win, we do not get paid. There are no legal fees or up-front costs. Clients of Angel Reyes & Associates have also enjoyed our 98 percent client success rate.
Frequently Asked Questions on Car Accidents
- What’s the first thing to do after my car wreck?
- Can dashcam videos be used as evidence in Texas?
- Do I need to file a police report after my accident?
- Do I need a lawyer after my car accident?
- How is fault determined in a car accident case in Texas?
- How soon should I call an attorney after an injury from an accident?
- Should I go to the doctor after my car accident?
- When should you get a lawyer for a car accident?
- Who pays for my injuries after my car accident?
- Whose insurance pays after a car accident in Texas?
Contact Us for a Free Consultation
As noted, to hire the best attorneys, you do not need to pay a single penny up-front. We only charge a small fraction of what we win for you. Even then, we ensure your recovery is big enough to pay off all your expenses.
To obtain the maximum amount of compensation, you can get started immediately. Our phone lines are open 24 hours a day, so call us to begin with a free consultation with a car accident attorney now at (469) 306-4733.
With all the necessary things you need to accomplish after your car accident in order to obtain your maximum amount of recovery compensation, you should get started immediately. Call us now to begin with a free consultation with our legal professionals now at (214) 526-7900.