Garland, Texas, is considered to be one of the best cities to raise a family, with high rankings in several categories in national polls. For example, it is ranked very high for first-time home buyers. In fact, according to the city’s website, “The city posted a 32% growth in household income over five years.” Despite all this, you may find that you’ve been injured through no fault of your own—a car accident, a slip, and fall or even medical malpractice. If this has happened to you, contact us at Angel Reyes & Associates for a free consultation.
Common types of personal injury cases
To secure a monetary award for your injuries, you must demonstrate that your injuries occurred due to another party’s negligence. A Garland personal injury attorney can help you establish this. Some common types of personal injury lawsuits include:
- Motor vehicle accidents. The most common sources of personal injury cases are car accidents and truck accidents. The impact of these accidents can cause life-altering injuries.
- Medical malpractice. Medical errors are another common cause of personal injury cases. Some common examples could involve surgery on the wrong part of the body or the misdiagnosis of an illness.
- Slips, trips, and falls make up one of the primary causes of emergency room visits. However, when these falls occur due to an unaddressed hazard on another person’s property, it could be possible to hold them accountable through a civil lawsuit.
- Defective products. Most consumer products are safe when used as intended. When a product is unnecessarily dangerous or lacks clear instructions for use, any injuries that result could lead to a personal injury lawsuit.
Compensation for a personal injury case
You could recover compensation through a successful personal injury lawsuit. The specific nature of your injury and the other factors involved in your accident will determine the amount of compensation you might be entitled to recover. Some common examples include:
- Medical bills. The cost of medical treatment is an essential factor in many personal injury cases. While you could be protected by your own insurance policy in some situations, a personal injury lawsuit might be your best chance at recouping the cost of surgical procedures, prescription drugs, and long-term rehabilitation.
- Lost wages. Missing work will have a sudden and unexpected impact on your budget. If your lost wages are due to your injury, you might be entitled to replace them through a civil lawsuit. Your legal action could help you recoup the cost of both past and future lost wages.
- Pain and suffering. Damages could be available based on the physical pain you suffered in your accident.
- Mental anguish. You may experience mental anguish such as depression or anxiety for years after an accident, even when your physical injuries have healed completely. Compensation for this may be available in a civil case.
Contact Us for a Free Consultation
If you have suffered an injury through no fault of your own, you could have a viable personal injury claim against the responsible party. These cases could represent your best chance of fair compensation, but pursuing them on your own is never easy.
The team at Angel Reyes & Associates is ready to help you pursue your personal injury case. Contact us right away for a free consultation.