At Angel Reyes & Associates, we know that your life can turn upside-down if you are seriously injured in an accident—through no fault of your own. The financial and emotional repercussions for you and your family can last for many years. If this has happened to you, contact us today for a free consultation.
If you are injured due to another person or entity’s negligence, you may have grounds to file a personal injury lawsuit. Here are some of the more common categories:
- Car accidents: these may be caused by drunk driving, distracted driving, speeding, unsafe lane changes, and more. According to the Texas Department of Transportation, there were 2,561 crashes in Denton in 2020 alone, and 13 of them were fatal.
- Bus and truck accidents: these accidents are prone to the same causes as car accidents but also often include driver fatigue, undertrained drivers, unsecured cargo, or mechanical failures.
- Motorcycle accidents: one common cause of motorcycle crashes is lack of visibility, meaning the other driver does not even see the motorcycle until it is too late.
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents: a bicyclist or pedestrian is outmatched in size and speed when hit by a motor vehicle, and the results for the victim can be devastating.
- Slip and fall accidents: these can occur at your local grocery store in Flower Mound, on a college visit at the University of North Texas, in a hotel lobby, or an icy parking lot, to name some examples.
- Medical malpractice: doctors and surgeons make mistakes, and these mistakes often have life-changing repercussions for the victim.
- Defective products: Whether the tires on your car are dangerous or you ingest an over-the-counter drug that produces adverse side effects, you can get seriously injured when you rely on unsafe products.
- Dog bites: these often result in permanent scarring or disfigurement.
If you are injured due to someone else’s negligence, you may be eligible to receive financial compensation to help ease the burden. Below are some of the types of damages that you may pursue:
- Medical costs
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Punitive damages
The days, weeks, and months following your accident can be confusing, stressful, and painful. Some accident victims compound the stress by attempting to negotiate directly with the insurance company. However, insurance companies approach their interactions with you with the singular goal of maximizing their bottom line, not yours.
The insurance company will only extend lowball offers to you that are far below the true value of your case. They are for-profit businesses and will attempt to capitalize on your stress and vulnerability by convincing you to accept a lowball offer.
We recommend that you consult with an experienced Denton personal injury attorney as soon as possible. They will educate you on the true value of your case, what they can do for you, and your legal rights regarding your injuries.
At Angel Reyes & Associates, our personal injury lawyers have been aggressively pursuing justice for personal injury victims for more than 30 years. We have earned almost $1 billion in settlements and verdicts for our clients, with a 98 percent client success rate.
If you have been injured due to another person or entity’s negligence, call Angel Reyes & Associates 24/7 to schedule a zero-cost, zero-obligation case review with a personal injury lawyer in Denton. We work on a contingency fee basis, so you will never see a legal bill from us unless you win your case.