Fort Worth is home to many motorcyclists. While riders have the same right to enjoy the road as everyone else, they often face an increased risk. The drivers of commercial trucks and other vehicles often fail to keep a watchful eye out for them, and the result is often a dangerous accident.
If you were injured in a motorcycle accident in Fort Worth, you have the right to seek monetary damages from the at-fault party. These cases often target the other drivers in the crash, but other parties could also share in the fault. A Fort Worth personal injury lawyer at Angel Reyes & Associates can help you secure a fair outcome in your motorcycle accident case.
How can a Fort Worth motorcycle accident lawyer help?
The guidance of a motorcycle accident lawyer in Fort Worth could benefit your personal injury case in many ways, and they include:
- Investigating your accident. Investigating the facts of your motorcycle accident is the first step toward holding the at-fault party accountable for their negligence. This could involve interviewing witnesses, hiring accident reconstruction experts, or reviewing traffic camera footage.
- Create a theory of negligence. Your case will need a theory of negligence before you can pursue a monetary award. This involves an explanation for how the negligence of the defendant caused your crash. Some examples could include defective motorcycle parts or the other motorist driving too fast.
- Negotiating a settlement. Many motorcycle accident injury cases end in a settlement. Negotiating this requires experience and skill, and your attorney will ensure you are not taken advantage of by the insurance adjusters.
- Pursuing litigation. If an early settlement is not an option, your attorney will help you pursue a lawsuit. In some cases, taking your claim to trial might be your best chance at recovering fair compensation for your injuries.
Resolving your motorcycle accident case in Tarrant County
In general, you have two options for favorably resolving your motorcycle accident case. First, many motorcycle accident cases are resolved through a negotiated settlement. Second, when a settlement is not a realistic option, you could still recover fair compensation by taking your case to trial. A Fort Worth motorcycle accident attorney will help with either option.
Negotiated settlements are common when it comes to these cases. In fact, the at-fault party frequently accepts responsibility for causing the crash. When both sides agree on who was at fault, negotiations usually boil down to the appropriate amount of damages.
However, this does not mean every settlement offer is reasonable. Insurance companies are known to push low-ball offers to resolve cases for less than they are worth. Our firm would negotiate on your behalf and help you secure the monetary compensation you deserve.
In addition, there are cases that never settle. For example, some defendants are financially unable to resolve a personal injury claim. There are also at-fault parties that refuse to take responsibility for a motorcycle accident. In either case, the only way to secure a monetary award is by prevailing at trial.
Damages for your injury claim
When your injury case is successful, there are several types of damages that might be available to you. Some of these them could include:
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Past and future medical costs
- Mental anguish
- Emotional distress
- Motorcycle repair costs
- Diminished future earning power
With the help of our firm, you can maximize your financial compensation after a motorcycle accident.
Talk to a Fort Worth motorcycle accident attorney for a free consultation
If you were hurt in a motorcycle accident, our team could help you pursue financial compensation for your injuries. At Angel Reyes & Associates, we are ready to help you maximize your monetary recovery. Contact us right away for a free consultation.