A recent news item reported that a 59-year old motorcyclist died in Arlington after his motorcycle collided with a car that turned left in front of him. That crash is one of the more than 480 motorcycle accident deaths which, per the Texas Department of Transportation, occur annually in the Lone Star State.
Riders who suffer grievous injuries in collisions with other motor vehicles should not hesitate to hire a knowledgeable and experienced motorcycle accident lawyer. At Angel Reyes & Associates, we appreciate the freedom and adventure of motorcycles. We work tirelessly to recover the damages that riders need to recover from injuries after they are hurt in accidents with negligent motorists.
Hire a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Arlington Who Understands the Culture of Riding
The stereotypical image of motorcyclists in popular culture can work against an individual who files a lawsuit against a negligent motorist. The majority of riders in Texas are not leather-clad rebels but are instead hard-working individuals who enjoy the temporary escape from everyday life that motorcycles can provide.
If you have been injured in a car-motorcycle collision in Dallas/Fort Worth, your opportunity to recover the damages you deserve will be improved when you hire an Arlington motorcycle accident attorney. They will work around this stereotype by accurately depicting your lifestyle and safe riding record when your lawsuit is tried.
You Can Improve Your Chances of Recovering the Largest Available Damages Award
In the meantime, you can reduce the chances that you will be held partially responsible for an accident by following the following safety rules and procedures:
- Keep your bike in sound operating condition, particularly with good brakes and tires
- Adhere to posted speed limits and refrain from riding when you are fatigued
- Never ride while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Refrain from riding in a motorist’s blind spot, and take extra measures to make yourself visible to other vehicles
- Choose a bike that is consistent with your riding skill level, and regularly work to improve your riding skills
An Arlington personal injury lawyer will use these and other aspects of your riding style to overcome any arguments that you were riding recklessly or that you caused the accident. When the other party is 100% responsible for the accident, you have the best chances of recovering the full measure of your damages.
An Injured Rider Can Recover More than Just Reimbursements for Medical Costs
Medical costs are only one part of the damages an injured rider can recover from a negligent motorist. Those damages also include:
- Replacement of lost wages while a rider is unable to work while recovering from injuries
- Expenses associated with occupational therapy and rehabilitation
- Property replacement costs
- Future anticipated medical expenses and fees
- Compensation for pain and suffering, and loss of enjoyment of life
In most cases, a negligent motorist’s insurance company will offer to settle a lawsuit for only a fraction of these total damages. An injured rider who retains an experienced lawyer to negotiate with insurers and file a personal injury lawsuit will inevitably recover a substantially larger settlement.
Call the Attorneys at Angel Reyes & Associates for a free consultation
For more than thirty years, the attorneys at Angel Reyes & Associates have helped injured riders in and around Dallas/Fort Worth recover the largest available damages awards. We work hard to get those riders back on their bikes as soon as is possible after they have suffered serious injuries.
Please see our website or call us directly for a no-fee consultation with an Arlington motorcycle accident lawyer.