According to News 4 San Antonio, a baby passed away in northwest Harris County Sunday, February 13, 2022, after a tow truck slammed into their car. The collision took place at the intersection of Cunningham near West Little York Road. The mother, driving a Nissan sedan, was stopped at the light on West Little York Road facing eastbound when the tow truck hit. The district attorney’s office believes Jose Luna, the motorist of the tow truck, was speeding with no sign that he attempted to brake. The 39-year-old motorist stayed at the scene and cooperated without reporting any injuries. Luna is facing a vehicular manslaughter charge.
More to the Story
Luna was towing a separate sedan prior to the collision, which officials say overturned and landed in a ditch after the accident.
The baby, between four-to-seven-months-old, passed away in the ambulance on the way to the hospital. The mother received treatment at the hospital, but her condition remains private.
Wrongful Death in Texas
Wrongful death claims in Texas are thought of as personal injury claims made on behalf of the deceased party. According to Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code Chapter 71.001 to 71.003, a wrongful death occurs when:
- an injury causes a person’s death or a fetus’s failure to be born alive
- the injury is caused by another person’s or entity’s “wrongful act, neglect, carelessness, unskillfulness, or default”
- the injured person would have been entitled to file a personal injury lawsuit had he or she lived or been born alive.
Accidents at Intersections
Intersections are dangerous due to the number of situations taking place around you. A motorist must be alert and pay attention to everyone’s next move.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) claims human error is behind the majority of accidents that occur at intersections. This can be for a number of reasons, but the most common seem are:
- Not looking both ways – left, right, left- before moving forward or turning (44.1%)
- False assumption of what another motorist is going to do (8.4%)
- Turning with an obstructed view or blind spot (7.8%)
- Running a red light or stop sign; making an illegal turn (6.8%)
- Distracted driving (5.7%)
- Riding too closely to other vehicles or misjudging another vehicle’s speed (5.5%)
Angel Reyes – Reyes Browne Reilley Truck Accident Attorneys
Your first step is to get in touch with a truck accident lawyer at Angel Reyes – Reyes Browne Reilley immediately because we know exactly what to do to protect your interests. If you or someone you love has recently been in a truck accident that has resulted in personal injury or wrongful death, please give us a call – we want to help.
At Reyes Browne Reilley Law Firm, our experienced team of attorneys knows what insurance companies are required to provide and what the victims of these kinds of accidents and their families deserve. Contact us immediately for a 100% free consultation. Tap the green button above to call or submit a form here now.