Were you a pedestrian injured in a traffic accident?
What is a Pedestrian Accident?
- Most pedestrian accidents take place in urban and non-intersection areas.
- More than two-thirds of pedestrians killed are male and almost one-fifth of fatalities are of Hispanic origin.
- In the United States, a pedestrian is killed in a vehicle crash every 107 minutes.
- Saturday and Sunday have the highest probability for pedestrian accidents.
- The deadliest days of the year for pedestrian accidents are January 1st followed by October 31st.
In 2018, Texas had the third-highest number of pedestrian traffic fatalities, with more than 564 reported in that year alone. Injuries from these accidents can be catastrophic, life-changing, and even result in death. This reinforces the importance of knowing what to do if you become the victim of such an accident.
Why choose Angel Reyes as your Pedestrian Accident Law Firm?
Unfortunately, speeding, impaired driving, and distraction remain key factors in pedestrian knock-downs. If you or a loved one were hurt because of a negligent driver, it’s essential to align yourself with an experienced team. The Dallas car accident attorneys at Reyes Browne Reilley leverage their knowledge and resources to help pedestrian accident victims pursue fair financial recovery for their losses.
In the past three decades, Angel L. Reyes has helped clients secure over $800 million in compensation for their injuries while the firm boasts an overall 98% success rate. When going up against insurance companies, it pays to have a skilled advocate whose expertise in personal injury litigation gives victims an upper hand. Our lawyers take pride in offering results-driven, compassionate, and professional legal support to victims throughout Dallas. Our attorneys work on a contingency fee arrangement, meaning there are no upfront costs. We only get paid if money damages are recovered in your claim.
What Causes a Pedestrian Accident?
Both drivers and pedestrians are expected to obey the rules of the road and exercise reasonable care at all times. Unfortunately, negligent driving leads to dozens of injuries each year, and Texas is among the top 5 states for pedestrian fatalities.
At Reyes Browne Reilley, our personal injury lawyers investigate pedestrian knock-downs arising from reckless motorist behavior, such as:
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Drowsy driving
- Disobeying traffic lights and signs
- Failure to yield right of way to pedestrians
- Failing to use a signal when turning in a crosswalk
It costs nothing to speak to a dedicated attorney about your rights to compensation. The initial case review is complimentary and, you are under no obligation to retain our services.
How Can You Stay Safe?
Pedestrian accidents are unfortunately very common and the best way to decrease your chances of becoming a victim is to be proactive and exercise reasonable care. Some things to remember:
- If you’re walking or biking in the dark, carry a flashlight or wear reflective clothing so you can be easily seen by traffic.
- Always walk on the sidewalk. If there isn’t a sidewalk available, be sure to walk on the shoulder of the road facing traffic.
- Cross the road at crosswalks or intersections where drivers are expecting to see pedestrians. If there isn’t a crosswalk available, wait for a gap in traffic that will allow you enough time to cross safely, and continue to look for traffic as you cross.
- If you’re intoxicated, avoid walking as alcohol can impair your reflexes and judgement.
Seeking Maximum Compensation for Pedestrian Injuries
Pedestrian accident claims are seldom straightforward, and when victims incur debilitating injuries and economic losses, your choice of a law firm can make a world of difference.
Our veteran attorneys will advance a strong case that demands full compensation for losses such as:
- Past and future hospital expenses
- Loss of wages
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Mental anguish and emotional distress
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Rehabilitation expenses
- Loss of future earning potential
- Permanent disability
Tips for Pedestrian Safety
Pedestrian accidents are unfortunately very common, and the best way to decrease your chances of becoming a victim is to be proactive and exercise reasonable care. Some things to remember:
- If you’re walking or biking in the dark, carry a flashlight or wear reflective clothing so motorists can easily see you
- Always walk on the sidewalk. If there isn’t a sidewalk available, be sure to walk on the shoulder of the road facing traffic
- Cross the road at crosswalks or intersections where drivers are expecting to see pedestrians. If there isn’t a crosswalk available, wait for a gap in traffic that will allow you enough time to cross safely, and continue to look for traffic as you cross
Protect Your Rights After a Dallas Pedestrian Accident
There are many accident law firms in Dallas, but none with the case results and success rate as Reyes Browne Reilley. Reach out today to arrange a free legal consultation. Our attorneys are eager to help you on the road to recovery.
Frequently Asked Questions on Pedestrian Accidents
- Do Pedestrians have the right of way in Texas?
- What Is the Statue of Limitations for Pedestrian Accidents?
- What should you do if you are a pedestrian hit by a car?
- Who is at fault if a pedestrian is hit by a car while jaywalking?
If You’ve Been Injured in a Pedestrian Accident, Call Us Now!
If you’ve been injured in a pedestrian accident as the result of a negligent driver, you may be entitled to compensation for medical expenses, disability, lost wages, and the pain and suffering you’ve experienced. Call us at (214) 526-7900 for a free consultation with our Dallas car accident attorneys. Our phone lines are open and our attorneys at Reyes Browne Reilley are ready to help you get on the road to recovery.