Traveling along the road and you feel a hard jolt while hearing a loud crash. You have been in a car accident. You have many well over a million questions forming in your head. Many people hire attorneys for settlements from their car accidents while they focus on their recovery process for the injuries they have been dealing with since the accident.
Clients of law firms want to know more about how the process works. While some law firms keep their clients in the dark on how personal injury and car accident injury settlements work, our Reyes Browne Reilley law firm is willing to explain in detail the entirety of the legal process surrounding your car accident injury claim settlement.
What is a settlement?
A settlement in reference to a car accident is a case that settles on an agreed amount of restitution for the injuries caused by a negligent motorist before going to trial in the court of law to be tried in front of a judge and jury. A settlement usually happens much quicker and is easy to navigate, especially when you have Dallas car accident settlement lawyers like Reyes Browne Reilley in your corner. There are typically four stages to the settlement process.
- Initial information collection – This stage is where we gather facts and investigate the case on your behalf. We will help you find the proper treatment that fits within your schedule and gets you the proper care you need.
- Treatment phase – The only phase that requires you to do your part in the case. Simply going to get the treatment your body needs to heal while we continue to get the claim processed and handling all the paperwork filings on your behalf while you focus on the most important thing: your recovery.
- Bills and records collection – Many people ask the question “do medical bills come out of a settlement?” The answer is yes. Following your treatment, we reach out to the clinics, hospitals, and other services you may have needed during your treatment process. While this is going on, you will feel like the case is sitting idle. This truly is one of the busiest times of your case that requires constant hands-on work, but our staff takes care of all the collection of bills and records for you.
- Negotiations – After we collect all your bills and records from the injuries you sustained following the accident, we will negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf to recover the maximum amount you deserve to cover all your costs. Our expert attorneys know exactly what your case is worth and will never negotiate for anything less than what you deserve.
Cases that go to settlement are typically much faster because the evidence in favor of the individual who was wrongfully injured is substantial, obvious, and well preserved. An insurance company will not waste their time and money attempting to go to court when their client is clearly in the wrong and was behaving negligently when our client was put in harm’s way.
Frequently Asked Settlement Questions
- Are auto accident settlements taxable in Texas?
- How long does it take to settle an auto accident case?
- How long will it take to get money?
- How is fault determined in an accident?
- How soon should you contact an attorney?
- Can I recover my lost wages due to a car accident?
- Can I still sue if I was partially at fault?
- What are punitive damages?
- Is apologizing admitting fault?
Need assistance with your car accident?
Our law firm files lawsuits on close to 50% of our cases. The reason we have a 50/50 split between settlements and lawsuits is that it forces the insurance company to be held accountable and come to the table to negotiate in good faith all throughout the injury claim process. The insurance company will take a law firm that is willing to file lawsuits more seriously than a firm that says the majority of their cases should end in settlements.
We fight hard for our clients and will go all the way to the litigation process if necessary, to claim what is rightfully theirs. It is the reason we have higher settlement amounts than other law firms and much higher jury verdicts than other firms as well. For over 30 years we have been helping people retrieve the compensation they rightfully deserve after their car wreck and we aim to continue that trend and tradition the right way for the next 30 years.
Your case deserves attorneys that will fight for all you deserve during your car accident settlement process. Calling us is the only thing you need to do to get started on your first phase of the settlement process. We can help you handle everything in a timely and professional fashion.
To make things even easier for you, we will not charge you any up-front fees whatsoever. In fact, we will not charge anything unless we win your case for you! It is that easy! You have no reason to wait, call us now to get started by having a simple consultation free of charge. Call us now at (214) 526-7900.