Accidents causing broken bones sometimes involve negligence, recklessness, or misconduct. When you fracture a bone through little to no fault of your own, a broken bone injury lawyer can help. Contact Reyes Browne Reilley Law Firm for a free consultation to explore your legal options. The cost of broken bone treatment can be very high, even if you are insured, and filing a claim against a liable party can help you obtain compensation to cover out-of-pocket care costs and other expenses related to your injury.
Do You Need a Broken Bone Injury Lawyer?
A broken bone injury attorney is commonly called upon due to concerns about paying for medical care, lost wages from time missed at work, and other long-term expenses. At the very least, broken bones often involve:
- Emergency room or urgent care visit
- Doctor’s fees
- Lab fees
- Diagnostic imaging
- Follow-up care fees
- Braces, casting, slings, and bandages
Sometimes surgery and physical therapy rehabilitation are required. Treatments for nerve damage, infections, muscle tears, and other complications can escalate the cost.
There is no guarantee insurers will cover all of these expenses. A broken leg can cost as little as $2,500 for casting or more than $35,000 for surgical treatment with rods and pins. Most deductibles cost thousands of dollars. When you have to take time off work to recover, paying for this type of injury is even more difficult.
Working with a lawyer can help you investigate the cause of the accident and what could have been done to prevent it. When you work with our Dallas personal injury firm, you can find the best local medical care, receive assistance filing a lawsuit and paying for out-of-pocket legal fees, put a stop to medical bill collections efforts, and gain vital counsel on whether or not to accept an early settlement.
Accidents That Cause Broken Bones
Broken bones are common injuries in motor vehicle crashes. In a car accident, broken bonesoften occur due to the excessive force of traveling at high speeds. Fractures of the ankle, arm, back vertebrae, clavicle, face, foot, hips, ribs, leg, and wrist are common.
We handle cases involving:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Soft tissue injuries
- Whiplash or a neck injury
Angel Reyes & Associates can handle broken bone claims involving slip and fall accidents, construction site accidents, or any type of personal injury arising from the negligence, recklessness, or misconduct of another party.
How Much Can a Bone Fracture LawyerSecure in a Settlement or Jury Award?
Insurance companies are notoriously difficult to deal with after a motor vehicle accident. They may be quick to express concern and offer a settlement – one that is far below what you deserve. An experienced bone fracture attorney at our firm knows how to deal with these kinds of insurance company tactics and calculate the true value of your case.
Factors determining how much broken bone compensation you can pursue include:
- The type of fracture – A broken femur might be worth twice the recovery amount of a fibula or tibia fracture. Splintered bones and accidents involving multiple fractures can increase the settlement value even further.
- The prognosis – Bones that heal without complication receive less compensation than bones that do not heal well or that may never function the same again.
- Cost of care – Patients who required emergency medical treatment and extensive surgery with physical therapy will generally receive a higher amount. The amount of money added as an estimation of “pain and suffering” is often determined as a multiplier of the actual damages – medical bills + lost wages x 1-5x.
- Lifestyle – How the broken bone affects daily living proves to be a major factor in determining the value of the case. Where the victim worked and whether the work can be resumed after healing will be a consideration. Will there be scars? Does the victim have young children to care for? Are there hobbies and pursuits that can no longer be enjoyed? Is there residual, chronic pain?
- Fault – Aggravating factors, like drivers who were speeding or otherwise breaking the law at the time, can result in a higher settlement.
Every case is unique, so it is important to speak with a Dallas personal injury lawyer for a realistic assessment of how much to expect for your claim. A skilled broken bone lawyer at our firm won’t charge any money upfront or out-of-pocket. If we don’t win your case, you owe us no attorney fees. Consultations at Angel Reyes & Associates are always free. Our track record speaks for itself – we win 98% of the cases we handle. Contact us any time, 24/7, to schedule a free case review.